Thursday 22 September 2011

Mission 1 - Me vs The Activist

Whilst in the 'Owl and Pussycat' in Shoreditch, London I spotted a pretty looking barmaid who seemed to be taking an interest in me and my night. We chatted briefly about how she was tired due to over indulging the night before and that I was having a good evening. On my next trip to the bar, I thought that if she showed an interest I would ask her out.


Me: Hi, two pints of Becks please
Her: Ok, So, how's your evening? Still going well?
Me: Yeah, how about you? Still feeling tired?
Her: Yeah, still tired. But doing OK
Me: Wow, it's amazing how that doesn't change in the space of 20 minutes. So, do you work here full time?
Her: Yeah, but usually I am up in the Restaurant.
Me: Cool, so what do you do when you are not working here?
Her: Well, that depends what fun things are on offer (She smiles flirtatiously)
Me: What like clubbing seals?
Her: I'm a fucking activist!
Me: Oh, wow, urm......bad joke to make to an activist, hey?
Her: Or to anyone!
Me: Yep
Her: £7.40 please.

And that was the end of that brief interest. So the moral of the story is; Always make jokes about clubbing seals, because it is better to look like an ass than ending up on a date with an activist.

Mission Status: Failed (With valuable lesson learned)

2 comments:

  1. that was not too clever, but jokes always make a women smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but that is hilarious! And good advice too as she was probably also a veggie!

    ReplyDelete